Summer season rentals (mid-June through mid-August) are by the week only, Saturday to Saturday.
Please visit Yellow Birch Lodge on VRBO for up-to-date pricing information here.
Because we regularly receive multiple, simultaneous inquiries for the same time period, rentals are necessarily made on a “first come, first serve” basis and this is why we use PayPal to process payments and returns for those rentals made directly through us. To be fair to everyone inquiring, we do not confirm a reservation until we have received a signed rental agreement and rental deposit or full payment (whichever is applicable). You can also book directly through the VRBO website but an additional VRBO service fee will apply.
Tip: The early bird catches the worm. We suggest making reservation as early as possible. Most of the summer season fills up by April.
RATES & RESERVATIONS
- Signed rental agreement and 50% of rental amount (deposit) required to confirm a reservation.
- Remaining 50% of the rental amount and local taxes must be paid in full 60 days prior to arrival along with a $1,000.00 refundable security deposit.
- Deposit and any balance must be paid via PayPal. Guest is responsible for any fees for transfers initiated by Guest. We are responsible for any PayPal fees for return of funds to Guests.
- Refunds are not provided for early departures.
- Rentals are Saturday to Saturday during summer season. i.e. June, July & August. i.e. 7 nights.
- There is a two-night minimum at other times of the year.
- Occupancy is limited to twenty-six (26) persons total (including children).
- Parties, events or other gatherings that exceed 26 persons are not permitted without prior approval
- Rentor is responsible for 5.5% state and 4.5% local taxes, which are not included in the rate.
- A $1,000 refundable security deposit is required. It will be returned with 10 days of your check-out date.
CHECK IN/CHECK OUT
- Check-in is after 4:00 PM.
- Check-out prior to 10:00 AM.
- Failure to check out promptly is subject to an additional charge equal to one night’s rent. We don’t want or mean to be punative, but our housekeeper has a tight schedule and there is always another party arriving at 4:00 pm.
In the event that you need to cancel your reservation, we will return your damage deposit immediately upon receiving your cancellation notice. We will make an earnest effort to re-rent your reserved period to another party for the same amount or, with your permission/agreement, at a discounted rate. Rental deposit and/or rental amount and taxes are refundable only if we can re-rent the lodge for the same time period.
SMOKING AND PETS
- This is a 100% non-smoking establishment. No smoking permitted anywhere on the property.
- We do not accommodate pets of any type.
- Violation of the smoking or pet policy will result in the forfeiture of Guest’s damage deposit.
- Children are welcome, however, please note that the accommodations do not include cribs, gates, etc., so please plan accordingly. We have a high chair and a pack-n-play.
- Please be aware that there are stairs with open risers, so Guest’s supervision of small children is essential.
- Bed linens, bath towels, dinnerware, tableware, glassware, cookware, and cooking utensils are provided.
- Guests are responsible for their housekeeping during their stay.
- Guests are responsible for removing unused food from refrigerator (other than condiments) and disposing of trash to the bins outside at the end of their stay.
- Guest are responsible for washing dishes and returning them to storage prior to check-out.
- Beds should be left un-made on check-out day. Yipee!
- Housekeeping after you check out is limited to vacuuming, dusting, wiping down counters/sinks, and washing bed linens by a cleaning service. Upon checking out, Guest must leave property in same condition as found, other than making beds.
- Bed linens and bath towels are furnished. Be sure to bring beach towels.
- No burning of candles, lanterns or other open flames allowed in or near the house.
- With the exception of folding lawn chairs, furniture may not be re-arranged or removed from the building or porches.
- Cooking in the fireplace or fire pit on the shore is not permitted. A propane grill is provided for outdoor cooking.
- Fires on the shore are prohibited (illegal) during high risk periods.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Refer to Rental Agreement for complete description of policies, requirements, restrictions, etc.
Travel Insurance Advisory: Most vacations go as planned, but life is full of surprises. Consider obtaining travel insurance to protect yourself against potential loss.